FOR EACH QUARTER YOU WILL PICK 4 OUT OF THE 30 OPTIONS AVAILABLE. You have to select different options each quarter!
Step 1. Select you task from the options listed under the current semester. Step 2. Read the instructions carefully, get any supplies needed to perform the task, make travel arrangements if necessary, etc. Step 3. Perform the ADULTING 101 task. Take pictures, collect evidence and/or proof that you actually did this. Step 4. Fill out the appropriate form, insert pictures, answer the questions/reflection. Step 5. Print the form, have your parent/guardian sign it. Step 6. Turn it in by the due date. Late assignments for Adulting 101 will not be accepted. (It's kind of the whole point...learn to be responsible & adult). QUARTER 1 - DUE OCTOBER 3rd or 4th Adulting 101 Options 1st Semester: 1. Find a recipe & cook - INSTRUCTIONS Click here for the form you are required to fill out.
2. Watch a Presidential Debate and take notes. You must watch the full debate and have your parents sign your notes. In your notes comment on issues specific nominees discuss and if it is in their executive powers of the Constitution to implement. Explain.
9. Track sleep for 1 week. Take note of how you can improve your sleep schedule, how you feel the next day when you get more or less sleep. Turn in sleep schedule with dates and time. Write a one page reflection (double spaced) on your sleep schedule.
10. Track your food/calorie intake for one week. (My fitness pal is a great app to track this with) Turn in a week's worth of screen shots with your calorie intake. Write a one page reflection of your eating habits and how they can be improved, etc.
11. Complete a college application Turn in your email confirmation and date submitted.
12. Complete a scholarship application Turn in your email confirmation and date submitted, or screen shot of completion.
13. Keep track of spending for 1 week. This includes any money your parents spend on you! Turn in a break down/budget of your day to day spending (this has to be itemized) - be sure to include totals for each day and total for the week. Make goals for your spending - how can you change?
14. Grocery shop for your family for 1 week. Turn in your grocery list and a guardian signature. Also turn in a picture of you and your grocery basket.
15. Get a recommendation letter from a teacher for a college application or scholarship application. You must ask the teacher at least 2 weeks prior to when you need the letter due and provide them with a resume. Turn in your email asking teacher to write letter and show resume attached. Must turn in recommendation letter also (can be in a sealed envelope)
16. Attend a town hall meeting. Turn in agenda of meeting and a one page summary of meeting.
17. Attend a full SOT meeting. Turn in agenda of meeting, one page summary of meeting, and photo of you and Mrs. Rozar at END of meeting (if they're other students from other classes you can take a group photo)
18. Replace a car tire. Turn in pictures, parent signature that you changed a tire. One page reflection of your experience - difficulties, etc.
21. Complete a college tour Turn in copy of handouts from college (with signature of tour guide), signature from parent or guardian and date, and a one page summary of tour.
22. Monitor your screen time for one week. The second week cut your screen time use in 1/2. Turn in your screen time for one week. Turn in your screen time the second week. Turn in a one page paper describing your usage and what you noticed your second week.
23. Complete a mock interview with an administer on campus. Must schedule the interview with an administrator and attend your mock interview, dressed professional. Turn in email arranging interview with administrator, turn in feedback from interviewer (they can put it in a sealed envelope - but it needs to be signed and dated), and turn in a one page reflection of how the interview went - what can you improve upon, what you did well on, etc.